Mommy's Coffee Break

Welcome! Sit back, relax, and enjoy some well-deserved mommy time........

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Cause Happiness

I was just perusing through an old handmade book I inherited from my great grandmother.  In the 1960's, some ladies at her church in Iowa presented her with this book of inspirational/witty sayings.  There is a saying for every day of the year.  I used to read this every day when I was a teenager.  It made me feel closer to my great grandmother (she passed away when I was 8) and helped me get through some tough times (my family was in the military and we moved what seemed like a million times..not an easy thing to do!!!).  These sayings are so great...some are Bible verses and some are just plain wise midwestern advice.  One of my favorites was this one.."Some cause happiness wherever they go, others when they leave".  I love it because it's funny, kinda sad, and so very true!  It's also something that makes one think....what kind of impression do I leave behind?  I'm mentioning this today because "causing happiness" is one of my top resolutions for the new year.  I want to be that type of person.  I know...it's corny.  But as I get older, I realize that complaining and being a negative person don't get you anywhere.  You attract what you give out.  So.....I resolve to be a more positive mommy and wife.  Sometimes my family sees the worst of me.  I know I will slip up.  I won't be as patient as I should be all the time, and I might complain every now and then!  But I really do want to show my best side and be the best person I can be....INSIDE as well as OUTSIDE of my home!  Wish me luck!  Have a wonderful New Year everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment